Today we just officially announced that we have a new PCB Printer in our line-up called SV2, which took all of the lessos from Squink and our customers to make something truly special. SV2 consists of completely different hardware - we did a little check and indeed, the only parts in common with Squink is the power button, the screws and the overall software UX/UI. Let's talk about what's the same and what's different.
What SV2 and Squink have in common
- The overall User Interface is the same, from having three heads for different processes that need to be swapped out, to the software interface
- Futureproof platform - as we release new heads, you can upgrade your SV2 like we did with Squink
- Desktop-sized! It's nearly the same size as Squink - we don't want to crush your desktop
- Virtually the same inks and substrates are employed
What makes SV2 different from Squink
- Fundamentally, each head has far more advanced hardware for printing, dispensing and assembly (check out our product page for more info!)
- Heatbed is radically faster, with a more powerful heating source and fan to make the printing and curing process much quicker
- Faster onboard computing power, meaning faster file processing and part identification during assembly
- Overall faster hardware means more layers can be printed
- Assembly pick-and-place tray for SMT strips - easier time for a user to assemble
- Larger ink reservoir, which reduces the cost per board and extends printing time
- One-part epoxy - no more mixing glues!
- Shiny, black steel frame to enhance durability and precision
Over the next few weeks we will be sharing more details about each of these features and the specifications of each. Right now we are taking pre-orders for SV2 at a special, introductory price of $12,000 that will extend to Dec. 31st, 2017. Get on it while you can by contacting us today!